In 2014, Taipei Film Commission (TFC) organized the 1st Taipei Film Academy (TFA) with outstanding results for the Taiwanese filmmakers with distinguished lecturers from all around the world. In the past few years, TFA has invited Former Chairman of Busan International Film Festival Kim Dong-Ho, Cinematographer Mark Lee and Rodrigo Prieto from Silence, Screenwriter Shannon Tindle from Kubo and the Two Strings, Producer Roy Conli from Big Hero 6, and many more. In 2017, we expanded the Academy program into 6 series including “Filmmakers’ Workshop”, “Cinema Master Forum”, “Screenwriters’ Forum”, “International Animation and Special Effects
Forum”, and“Legal Aspects of Filmmaking and Film Development Forum”.
With local and international film experts as our distinguished lecturers, the 2017 Taipei Film Academy reached new heights and attracted a remarkable number of 2,880 applications, and 1,625 attendees.
This year, in its 5th edition, the 2018 Taipei Film Academy comes to you with series of workshops and forums targeting film talents in Taiwan, continuing “Filmmakers Workshop”, “International Animation and Special Effects Forum”, “Screenwriters Forum” and also introducing the brand new “Screenwriters Workshop” , “Hollywood Co-Production Forum” and “Disney Animation Forum”. We aim to give Taiwanese film professionals a profound opportunity to learn from the best and highly experienced lecturers while getting well connected to international market and to broadening their filmmaking horizons.
Introduction to the 2018 Taipei Film Academy Series and application forms:
1. Screenwriters’ Forum September 7th (Fri)
2. Screenwriters’ Workshop September 8th (Sat) and September 9th (Sun)
3. International Animation and Special Effects Forum September 10th (Mon) and September 11th (Tue)
5. Hollywood Co-Production Forum September 29th (Fri)
6. Disney Animation Forum October 15th (Mon)
1. All personal information gathered will only be used for 2018 Taipei Film Academy.
2. Photo-taking, recording and video-taping are prohibited during the Academy.
3. Participants must follow the rules and regulations of Taipei Film Academy, those who violate the rules and regulations will be disqualified.
4. Taipei Film Commission (TFC) reserves all the rights of participants’ selection and course arrangements.
5. If work and classes are cancelled in case of force majeure such as natural disasters typhoons, announced by Taipei City Government during the events, the day of the course or forum will be canceled without notice.
6. Please refer to the 2018 Taipei Film Academy Website or contact our staff from Taipei Film Commission at: 02-2709-3880