2019 Taipei Film Academy International Animation and Visual Effects Forum - Taipei Film Commission
I. Event Description
2019 Taipei Film Academy – International Animation and Visual Effects Forum will be held on September 19th. This year we have Mr. Erik Lee, the animation supervisor of One Small Step, which was nominated for the Best Animated Short Film at 91st Academy Award. At this Forum, Erik will be sharing his production experience in One Small Step.
Sign up now to explore with us the knowledge and skills behind the worlds of Animation and Visual Effects!
1. Forum Date: Sep 19th, 2019 (Thu.)
2. Application Date: Aug 13 th, 2019 (Tue.)
3. Announcement of acceptance:Announcement Link
candidates will be released on our website and also informed by
4. Location: The One @Taipei 101 (4F, Taipei101 mall, Xinyi Dist.,
5. Application Link: Registration Link
III. Course content and schedule
"From Production to Creation" - sharing of production experience in One Small Step, an Oscar Best Animated Short Film nominee – Erik Lee
1.The forum will be open to participants from film industry, university
students from related courses, and anyone interested in the topics.
2.Due to the space of the venue, sign up is open to the public until
V. Other Information
1. Any applicant that submits and apply to this forum also agrees that the Commission gather and process his/her personal information according to law.
2. All participants must comply the regulations of TFC, applicants who violate the regulations will be disqualified.
3. If work and classes are suspended in case of force majeure such as natural disasters and typhoons, announced by Taipei City Government during the forum, the courses of the day will be canceled without notice.
4. In the event that changes are made to application policies or other aspects of the forum, official website of Taipei Film Commission prevails other sources of information. The Commission reserves the right to make changes to and interpret this charter and the forum, and evaluate applicants.
5. If controversies over the application or interpretation of the charter should occur the situation shall be settled according to legal regulations of Republic of China. The applicant agrees that any litigation arising from this forum shall be subjected to the jurisdiction of Taipei District Court in the first instance.
6. Photo-taking, videotaping and sound-recording are prohibited during the Workshop.
7. Entire Forum will be held in Mandarin.
Mentor: Erik Lee
One of the members that founded Taiko Studios in 2017. One Small Step, the first animation in which Erik served as Animation Supervisor, was nominated for Best Animated Short Film in the 2019 Academy Awards.
Graduated from Department of Fine Arts, National Taiwan University of Arts, and attained master’s degree at Academy of Art University in the U.S. Since then, Erik worked as an animator at Light Chaser Animation Studios, CGCG Inc. and The White Rabbit Entertainment, Inc., and taught at renowned institutions including Animation Mentor and National Taipei University of Technology where he shared his passion for animation.
Erik has been exposed to both Chinese and American cultures throughout his study and career. He considers "curiosity," "open-mindedness," "adventure" and "motivation" to be the essential qualities for creative work, and perceives "difference" as an inspiration. Erik is dedicated to bridging artistic consensus and developing common language between the two studios located in Los Angeles and Wuhan, China. By sharing his Asian perspective with the LA team, Erik not only helps the Wuhan team "learn from the masters," but also "become master of its own."
"From Production to Creation" - sharing of production experience in One Small Step, an Oscar Best Animated Short Film nominee.
Erik started his career as an animator, and having accumulated production experience in films, TV programs, games and commercials, he co-founded and undertook the role of Animation Director at Taiko Studios. In this session, Erik will be sharing with the audience his involvement in One Small Step, particularly how he overcame cultural and language differences to find common grounds, and how he worked with a new team to develop their unique "simplistic illustrative style."
+(886)2 2709-3880＃113, Angel Su