TFC-The 11th Annual Filming Taipei Screenplay Competition - Taipei Film Commission
The purpose of this competition is to encourage creation of film screenplay featuring the people, story or scenery of Taipei City. And, through the professional network of Taipei Film Commission, scripts may have a chance to be produced into movie(s) inspiring more video productions that capture the Taipei city’s charisma.
(1) Taipei Romance – The dazzling love scattered around Taipei city corners, shines like twinkling stars.
Who recalls the memorizes in the nostalgic city? How many romantic melodies have been singing through the humanistic alleys? Following the river to where it goes, the city landscape suddenly turns into the sense of modern technology and alienated commercial parts. People in the city composes their passionate love and overflowing affection with their life.
(2) Taipei Fantasy - Bursting Imagination! Weave the fantastic encounter in the enchanted city.
With borderless and unlimited imagination to explore every part of Taipei scenario, mining thoughts to create the potential creativity and the surreal extraordinary screenplay.
(3) Taipei Fable - Explore the glamour and the essence of Taipei city, searching for the meaning of life.
Create the Taipei Revelation which about life, the perspectives, and reflections regarding you and me.
Department of Cultural Affairs, Taipei City Government.
Taipei Culture Foundation- Taipei Film Commission.
4. Awards and prizes:
(1) Golden Script
First Prize winner may receive NTD$300,000 in cash and certificate.
(2) Silver Script
Second Prize winner may receive NTD$150,000 in cash and certificate.
(3) Bronze Script (One to three winners)
Third Prize winners may each receive NTD$50,000 in cash and certificate.
(1) No restrictions on the nationality of contestants, however, the screenplay must be written in Chinese Traditional. If the original creation is written in any language other than Chinese, a Chinese-translated version must be submitted.
(2) The submitted screenplay must feature the people, culture or scenery of Taipei City in the background.
(3) The submitted screenplay must not be released domestically or abroad on any newspaper, magazine or website using any form. Screenplay that have been published in books cannot be submitted for this competition.
(4) Submission is limited to one screenplay per person. The submitted screenplay must be an original work and cannot be an adapted screenplay unless the script is adapted from the contestant’s own creation. The submitted screenplay should not have won any screenplay competition (including film, drama series, webisode or TV programmes) organized locally or abroad, except for script outline competitions; however, for the purpose of encouraging original creation, screenplay that were previously awarded for prizes below NT$50,000 (inclusive) can still be accepted.
(5) The submitted screenplay must not have been contracted for production or have completed production before November 30, 2019. The submitted screenplay will be disqualified if the screenplay is published, or a production plan is confirmed anytime during the competition or the review process.
(6) Employees, contract staff and temporary workers of the main organizer and sub-organizer are not eligible to enter this competition, and nor can they be a co-author of the submitted screenplay.
(7)Participants shall be solely liable for any infringement of rights concerning the submitted script, which the main organizer and the sub-organizer will not involve in any way.
6. Important notes regarding the competition:
(1) The submitted script should be a 90-minute length feature film.
(2) The submission shall be made in printed paper and contain a synopsis, character introduction and the main content. Please write in portrait format and print double-sided on white A4 paper using “PMingLiU” font size 14 with 26pt line spacing and 2cm margin on all four sides. Make six identical copies of the same document(s). Use of format settings that are significantly different from the above will result in disqualification. Furthermore, screenplay must be submitted electronically as a PDF file. The above screenplay and related documents will be used solely for review during the 2019 “Filming Taipei Screenplay” competition.
(3) For the fairness of the review process, do not write contestant’s name, address, phone number or any other marking on the submitted screenplay or cover page.
(4) Please complete the submission form in detail and submit the form along with the script. Contestants who wish to publish winning script in pen name should specify in the submission form that: “The winning script, press release, commendation and all related promotional materials shall be released using pen name.” Winners will be required to provide more detailed personal information, background, portrait and acceptance speech to the sub-organizer.
(5) Please submit entry using registered mail to: Taipei Film Commission - “Filming Taipei Screenplay Competition” Jury Panel at 2F, No. 630, Guangfu South Road, Taipei City 106. All entries submitted privately in person will be rejected outright.
7. Jury and review
(1) The preliminary and secondary review rounds will be conducted by professionals hired by the sub-organizer. The final round of review will be conducted by a Jury Panel assembled by the sub-organizer.
(2) The Jury Panel shall comprise 5 members, all of whom are hired by the sub-organizer without compensation except for attendance or review allowance.
(3) In the event that the submitted scripts fail to meet the required standard, the Jury Panel may consider the winner absent or change the name or amount of existing prizes.
(4) If the winning script is later found and confirmed to have involved plagiarism, ghostwriting, copyright infringement or if the winner failed to meet the eligibility requirements in the first place, the sub-organizer may demand return of the prize and commendation conferred and ban the contestant from entry to all of the sub-organizer’s competitions in the future. In addition, winner for the particular prize may be considered absent in this situation.
(5) Please retain spare copies of the submitted screenplay and documents, as they will not be returned.
(6) Only one version of the screenplay is accepted. Under no circumstances will substitutions of new drafts, corrected words, or amendments of an entry screenplay be allowed.
8. Scope of use for winning scripts
Taipei Film Commission shall have the priority right to invest in the production and recommend the winning screenplay and may use them for non-profit promotion of services offered by Taipei Film Commission for one year after the award is conferred. Should the two parties agreed to proceed with the production, the details of which shall be signed in a separate contract.
9. Dates of submission, entry closure, winner announcement and award presentation:
(1) Submission period: from May 29 to July 29, 2019 (as indicated by postal stamp; no late entry will be accepted).
(2) Winner announcement: September 2019.
(3) Award ceremony: to be determined after announcement of winning results.
Taipei Film Commission reserves the right to amend, suspend, postpone or terminate this competition. Any queries or modifications regarding the rules and any details that are not addressed herein shall be interpreted by the sub-organizer and announced over the website of Taipei Film Commission without prior notice.
The Chinese version of the competition rules shall be considered as the authentic text, and in case of a conflict between the contract of the Chinese original and a translation thereof, the Chinese version shall prevail.
TFC-The 11th Annual Filming Taipei Screenplay Competition ：Rule