*Contents and speakers of the event might be adjusted in response to the status of the COVID-19 situation.
In 2014, Taipei Film Commission (TFC) organized the 1st Taipei Film Academy (TFA) with outstanding results. In the past editions Taipei Film Academy has had the honor of having accomplished filmmakers such as director Ang Lee, producer Jerry Bruckheimer, Former Chairman of Busan International Film Festival Kim Dong-Ho, Cinematographer Mark Lee and Rodrigo Prieto from Silence, former Artistic Director of Critic’s Week at Cannes Film Festival Charles Tesson, Academy Award Best Visual Effects winner Erik-Jan de Boer from Life of Pi and many more as our workshop and forum speakers.
This year, Taipei Film Commission strives to provide the audiovisual society in Taiwan the best opportunity of staying connected to the world, and a comprehensive curriculum that will benefit the participating filmmakers.
In its 9th edition, the 2022 Taipei Film Academy comes to you with series of workshops and forums targeting film talents in Taiwan, including “International Animation and VFX Forum”, “Cinematography Workshop”, “Metaverse and Immersive Platforms Forum”, and “Filmmakers Workshop”. Working alongside with Bureau français de Taipei, we aim to give Taiwanese film professionals a profound opportunity to learn from the best and highly experienced lecturers while getting well connected to international market and to broadening their filmmaking horizons.
Introduction to the 2022 Taipei Film Academy Series:
1. International September 3rd (Sat)
2. September 5th (Mon) to 7th (Wed)
3. Metaverse and Immersive Platforms Forum September 22nd (Thu) to 23rd (Fri)
4. Filmmakers Workshop September 28th (Wed) to October 2nd (Sun)
1. The event will be adjusted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, safety measures will be conducted on-site, and to update in accordance with regulations of the Central Epidemic Command Center.
2. Applicants have the obligation to make sure all submitted information are true and accurate, and to ensure the submitted project does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third parties, and/or violate other legal regulations. Taipei Film Commission disqualifies an applicant’s participation in any future of its events and announces all dishonest applications on its official website. If the applicant has already acquired certificate of the workshop after his/her dishonest application was disclosed, he/she shall return the certificate to Taipei Film Commission immediately and is the only person liable legally. Taipei Film Commission will be free of legal liability.
3. In the event work and classes are announced suspended by the Taipei City Government due to force majeure such as natural disasters, acts of terrorism; labor disputes or stoppages; war; government acts or orders; epidemics; pandemics or outbreak of communicable disease; the courses of the day will be canceled without notice.
4. If changes are made to the curriculum, the official website of Taipei Film Commission prevails other sources of information. Taipei Film Commission reserves the right to make changes to and interpret this notice of enrollment, the curriculum, and the selection criteria to apply.
5. If controversies over the application or interpretation of this enrollment should occur, the situation shall be settled according to legal regulations of Republic of China (Taiwan). The applicant agrees that any litigation arising from the class shall be subjected to the jurisdiction of Taipei District Court in the first instance.
6. Please refer to the 2022 Taipei Film Academy Website or contact our staff at: (02) 2709-3880 International Department