*Contents and speakers of the event might be adjusted in response to the status of the COVID-19 situation.
In 2014, Taipei Film Commission (TFC) organized the 1st Taipei Film Academy (TFA) with outstanding results. In the past editions Taipei Film Academy has had the honor of having accomplished filmmakers such as director Ang Lee, producer Jerry Bruckheimer, Former Chairman of Busan International Film Festival Kim Dong-Ho, Cinematographer Mark Lee and Rodrigo Prieto from Silence, Artistic Director of Critic’s Week at Cannes Film Festival Charles Tesson, Academy Award Best Visual Effects winner Erik-Jan de Boer from Life of Pi and many more as our workshop and forum speakers.
This year, even with COVID-19 raging across the world, Taipei Film Commission strives to provide the audiovisual society in Taiwan the best opportunity of staying connected to the world, and a comprehensive curriculum that will definitely benefit the participating filmmakers once we weather this storm together.
In its 8th edition, the 2021 Taipei Film Academy comes to you with series of workshops and forums targeting film talents in Taiwan, including “International Animation and VFX Forum”, “Cinematography Workshop”, “XR Workshop”, and “Filmmakers Workshop”. Working alongside with Netherlands Office Taipei and Bureau Français de Taipei, we aim to give Taiwanese film professionals a profound opportunity to learn from the best and highly experienced lecturers while getting well connected to international market and to broadening their filmmaking horizons.
Introduction to the 2021 Taipei Film Academy Series:
1. International Animation and VFX Forum September 1st (Wed) to
September 2nd (Thu)
2. Cinematography Workshop September 7th (Tue) to 9th (Thu)
3. XR Workshop September 14th (Tue) to 17th (Fri)
4. Filmmakers Workshop September 22nd (Wed) to September 27th
1. The event will be adjusted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, safety measures will be conducted on-site, and to update in accordance with regulations of the Central Epidemic Command Center.
2. Applicants have the obligation to make sure all submitted information are true and accurate, and to ensure the submitted project does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third parties, and/or violate other legal regulations. Taipei Film Commission disqualifies an applicant’s participation in any future of its events and announces all dishonest applications on its official website. If the applicant has already acquired certificate of the workshop after his/her dishonest application was disclosed, he/she shall return the certificate to Taipei Film Commission immediately and is the only person liable legally. Taipei Film Commission will be free of legal liability.
3. In the event work and classes are announced suspended by the Taipei City Government due to force majeure such as natural disasters, acts of terrorism; labor disputes or stoppages; war; government acts or orders; epidemics; pandemics or outbreak of communicable disease; the courses of the day will be canceled without notice.
4. In the event that changes are made to the Workshop, the official website of Taipei Film Commission prevails other sources of information. Taipei Film Commission reserves the right to make changes to and interpret this notice of enrollment, the Workshop, and the selection criteria to apply.
5. If controversies over the application or interpretation of this enrollment should occur, the situation shall be settled according to legal regulations of Republic of China (Taiwan). The applicant agrees that any litigation arising from this Workshop shall be subjected to the jurisdiction of Taipei District Court in the first instance.