2017 Paris Coproduction Village-Focus on Taiwan
2017 Paris Coproduction Village-Focus on Taiwan - Taipei Film Commission
Paris Coproduction Village is a development and financing platform, organized by Les Arcs European Film Festival team and takes place during the Champs-Elysées Film Festival Industry Week. The event aims at encouraging European professionals to get involved in international co-productions.
12 international film projects suitable for French or European coproduction are presented to producers, sales agents, distributors, financiers and fund representatives. In addition, 6 residents from Cannes Film Festival Cinéfondation will be joining the project selection. This platform complements the 5th edition of the Champs-Elysées Film Festival's Us-in-Progress program, which screens 5 US feature films in late stage of post-production seeking sales representatives.
Participants could benefit from one-to-one pre-scheduled meetings, networking events, as well as seminars taught by leading film industry professionals. Each year, Paris Coproduction Village organizes near 600 meetings while participants from 200 companies (producers, sales agents and distributors) are attending the event.
This year, Paris Coproduction Village announced a partnership with Taipei Film Commission, which is the first collaboration with Asian countries, to select outstanding projects. A list of selected projects will enjoy an opportunity to assign a representative to Paris to participate the Paris Coproduction Village, with Taipei Film Commission sponsoring a set of round-trip air ticket from Taipei to Paris and accommodation during the event. It is an incredible opportunity for film industry professionals to build strong networks through international collaboration. Please don’t hesitate , sign up now to join this rare opportunity!
2. Time and Schedule
3. Eligibility criteria
- Open for application：2017/3/13~2017/4/13
- Selected announcement：Finalists will be informed and announced in our official website in mid-May 2017
- 2017 Paris Coproduction Village：2017/6/20~2017/6/22
4. Required documents and information (all information should be in both Chinese and English)
- Feature projects that already have a director and script (drama/animation/documentary）
- The application must be submitted by a Taiwan production company and it must have (or in funding gathering process) in Taiwan
- All projects must NOT have any French co-producing company, organization or sales agent
- Main producer of the project should be a Taiwan citizen or a Taiwan alien permanent resident card holder.
5. How to apply
- Director's note
- Director’s profile
- Production company’s profile
- Budget outline and financing plan（in Euro）. Please advise your funding resources and partner.
- Youtube link(s) of the director’s previous works
6. Other information
- Please fill in the online application form https://goo.gl/forms/Qly1Ed3NCpXNNC1K3
- Download the project proposal format here and fill in all information.
- Please email the filled project proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject「Paris Coproduction Village –Applicant’s Name」
- Please mail a hard copy of the project proposal and required documents to Taipei Film Commission
(Address: 2/F., No.630, Guangfu S. Rd., Da’an Dist., Taipei City 10695, Taiwan.
Recipient: Crystal Tsang
Please specify on the envelope with “Paris Coproduction Village”) after finishing the online application.
- To increase the opportunity of being selected, it is strongly suggested to also apply to Paris Coproduction Village (website: http://www.pariscopro.com/)
- Selected projects will be announced on our official website in mid-May.
- Selected projects will be informed via email and phone call.
- Taipei Film Commission will only use collected information and proposal for the intended purpose of Paris Coproduction Village and related events.
- All submitted information should meet the criteria mentioned above.
- Selected applicants must follow the rules and regulations of Taipei Film Commission, those who violate the rules and regulations may be disqualified at any stage without assigning any reason thereof.
- Taipei Film Commission retains all rights to projects’ selection to the event.
- Please refer to the Taipei Film Commission Website:
Or contact International Team of Taipei Film Commission at:
#119 Crystal TSANG
#127 Jacqueline CHIU
#134 Lisa DING