Qingtian Geo 76 is a Japanese-style residence embodying a western design. It was designed by its first owner, Japanese professor Adachi Masashi, and has been built since 1931. After World War II, Professor Ma Ting-ying arrived Taiwan to take over what is known today as National Taiwan University, and resided here till old then handed the residence over to National Taiwan University. In a recent movement to preserve and utilize old buildings, the Department of Cultural Affairs has designated Professor Ma’s old residence as cultural heritage and subjected it under the management of a professional team. In June 2011, Qingtian Geo 76 was opened to the public and offered tours and dining services to become one of the most popular cultural attractions in Taipei City.